- Tortilla Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Vegetable Lasagna, Tempeh Reuben or any other aluminum dish: remove lid, place food on a sheet pan with parchment and reheat in oven at 350 F for at least 10-15 minutes. After 10 minutes, check every few minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Tofu/Bean Bowls: reheat in oven at 325 F for 10 minutes or until warm or on the stove top over a low flame until warm. Pour the packaged dressing on top of the heated food.
- Stews/Curries: reheat in a sauce pan over low to medium heat until simmering. Stir on occasion.
- Frozen Tin Dishes: cook from frozen. Remove lid and bake at 350F for 35 to 45 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Frozen Stews/Curries: thaw overnight in your refrigerator and reheat per instructions above. If you're in a rush, place the stew container in a warm water bath until thawed.
- It depends on the dish, but for ideal freshness and taste we recommend eating the food by end of day Saturday.
Containers: All of our containers except for the large, clear bowls are recyclable. The large, plastic bowls are compostable (large, clear bowls) but should be placed in the garbage. The city does not accept compostable PLA containers because their sorting facilities are not equipped to differentiate between compostable and regular plastic. Our stew containers are microwave and freezer-friendly. We recommend transferring food to air tight packaging if you want to freeze for later use.